Friday, February 5, 2010

Sit Down Saturdays: with Dayne Brummet

Teaxt: Jake Da Jeweler
Photography: Jon Glass, Herverton Ribeiro



Name? Dayne Brummet, AKA Old Brumski

How long have you been skating? 23 years

Where are you originally from? Where you living now? Chicago, IL, currently Los Angeles

Who is hookin you up these days? Premium Skateboards, Tracker Trucks, Willys Workshop.

Right: After having a few Brews with the dudes that lives under the bridge Brums got this Frontside Tail slide and he was out.. Photo:Herverton Ribeiro

When i skated with you we were rollin through the hoods of LA some of the spots came equipped with crackheads, gangsters, muggers,, locs pretty much..do they just not intimidate you? Cuz those fools are way sketchy! I love that kind of stuff. I think skateboarding belongs in the underbelly of society. Plus, the sketchybess makes for good adventure.

What kinda projects are you working on? Way too many to list. I've gotten kinda bored representing companies that I don't have any say in, so I'm now managing Premium, Tracker and Orion trucks. I'm building the teams for Tracker and Orion right now. I'm also shooting photos for PowerEdge Magazine. I'm constantly working on different web projects and we are working on a new Premium video.

Every time we talk you're either getting ready for a crazy trip, or your on a crazy trip. Got anything cool planned for 2010? Yeah, I'm in the team van right now. I've pretty much been on the skate travel tip for the last 20 years. So far for 2010, I'm looking to head to Europe, China, Japan, Oz, Brazil, Venezuela, Canada, and Israel. I'm sure more will come up though.

Okay i know you've been through Albuquerque before, did you ever get to try the Green Chile? We put it on everything out here? Hmmm, I've had Green Chile before. not sure if I've had the Albuquerque ones. I'm pretty much down with all Chile's, except when you touch your dick after cutting them. I've done that before.

RED or GREEN? I'm all about the Greens! Maybe some Red hairs on those Greens would be nice though.

Was or is there anyone that influences your skateboarding? In the late 80's I was really into Hensley. Now I'm not really sure though. Daniel Cardone inspires me. McCrank always does too. I try to forge my own path in general though.
Left:With no car parked in thewas and no homeowners in sight Brums boost this Front Heel
in LA Photo:Jon Glass

Who is someone that's on the come up right now that i don't know about? You're always skating with random Brazilians that are the diamonds in the rough.? Jeff Ward, Jason Barr, Russel Grundy. American, American, and Australian. I've spent a lot of time in Brazil, so I know a lot of those guys. There are always new Brazilians coming onto the scene and killing it.

What would you prefer, buy you a Beer or roll you a Jay? I regularly partake in both. Whiskey and Sativa are my vices of choice though. Both are necessary. Beer for the session is best I guess.

Is there anyone you wanna say whats up to or how you wanna end this? Life's a bitch and then you die, that's why we get high, cause you never know when your gonna go! Shred 4 life! Brums out.


dayne part premium promo from premium skateboards on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Anonymous said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!